The new #Rs. 2000 is in circulation. Here we welcome it with all love and respect. Chances are nil that the note is a fake, as it is just 2 days old, however, there is no harm in understanding the special and security features to get to know the new denomination.
Here’s introducing the new Rs. 2000
1. see through register with denominational numeral 2000 can be seen when the note is held against light.
2. Latent image with denominational numeral 2000 which can be seen when the bank note is held at 45 degree angle at the eye level
3. Denominational numeral 2000 in Devnagri
4. Potrait of Mahatma Gandhi in the centre
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’ and 2000
6. Colour shift windowed security thread with inscription ” भारत”, RBI and 2000. Colour of thread changes green to blue when the note is tilted
7. Guarantee clause, governor’s signature with promise clause and RBI emblem towards right
8. Mahatma Gandhi potrait and electrotype (2000) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top leftside and bottom rightside.
10. Denominational numral with the Rupee symbol, Rs. 2000 in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
11. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
For visually impaired
Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi potrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identification mark
12. Horizontal rectangle with raised print on the right
13. Seven angular bleed lines on left and rightside in raised print
14. Year of printing of the note
15. Swachh Bharat Logo with Slogan
16. Language panel towards the centre
17. Motif of Mangalayan – reflecting country’s first venture in the interplanetary space.
Source – Advertisement by Ministry of Finance